We are part of the Goldin Group which has businesses outside of Australia each of which is a separate legal entity and this document does not apply to the handling of personal information by any other member of the Goldin Group,
“Personal Information” means information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person and includes your Information. Information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific user is not personal information.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide information directly to Us in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic, via our communication tools or otherwise);
- when you visit and/or use the Website, in which case, We record information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device; and
- from third parties such as Our related entities, service providers to Us, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on the Website.
3.2 What we collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on the type of dealings we have with you. You may be an employee, client or an employee of a client of our business, have asked to be placed on one of our mailing lists, have made enquiry with us or provided us with feedback from an enquiry we have made of you, applied for a job with us or supply goods and services to us. If it is relevant to the services we provide to you we may collect the following personal information:
- your name, user ID’s and passwords, phone number, mobile telephone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- records and content of communications with Us or any other person including when using Website communication tools;
- personal information based on your activities on the Website;
- personal information you provide to us through any discussions boards, correspondence, applications, agreements, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites;
- to the extent permitted by law, other personal information provided by or obtained from third parties (such as a credit bureau) including navigation and demographic data and credit check information, public registers including Racing Information Services Australia (RISA) and the Australian Stud Book (ASB); and
- personal information from your interaction with the Website and its content and advertising, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
When you visit our website, some of the information that is collected about your visit is not personal information, as it does not reveal your identity.
4. Why we collect personal information
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information for some or all of the following purposes:
- provide the services requested by you;
- research, develop and improve Our services;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Our services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Website;
- assess credit worthiness;
- obtain goods and services;
- verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- contact you at your contact details we have collected, by way of voice call, post, text message or email to keep your contact details up to date;
- aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
- collect fees, resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- notify you about the Website and updates to the Website from time to time;
- supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on your preferences, and measure and improve our marketing, advertising and promotions based on your preferences; or
- recruit employees, staff and contractors.
4.2 Direct marketing
We may use your personal information to send you information about our Stallions, Mares, Yearlings, Weanlings, Racehorses and our services as well as invitations to functions and relevant events where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law so to do.
4.3 Opting out
- communicating this to us in writing to our Privacy Officer as set out in clause 12; or
- using the unsubscribe facility that we may include in our commercial electronic message (such as emails and SMSes) to opt out of receiving those messages.
4.4 Disclosure to third parties
Notwithstanding section 4.2 above, you agree that we may disclose your personal information to:
- comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- respond to or resolve claims that a member has violated the rights of others;
- protect a person’s rights, property or safety;
- Our directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
- outsourced service providers who assist Us to provide its services such as information technology providers and marketing advisers (including in relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Website operations);
- third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
5. Cross border disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for the purposes listed above.
In providing services to you we may need to provide your personal information to other members of the Goldin Group whose office may be in another country. This does not diminish your rights and we will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure transferred information is kept secret as required by applicable data laws. By submitting your personal information to us you agree that you do not object to such transfer, processing or storage.
- Cookies may be used to provide you with our range of services including to identify you as a user or member of the Website, remember your preferences, customise and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our promotions, advertising and marketing, analyse your usage of the Website, and for security purposes.
- You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). We are not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
- We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in hard copy documents, electronic databases, email contact lists, and in paper files held in drawers and cabinets.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that We collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and relevant and We destroy or de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted under Australian laws.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by implementing a variety of measures which includes website protection software, security restrictions on access to our computer systems, personnel security staff training and workplace policies.
- Where we process payments using online technologies all transactions will be processed by us meeting industry security standards to ensure payment details are protected.
- As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, and whilst We strive to protect the personal information and privacy of users of our website, We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you may disclose to Us and you disclose such information at your own risk. You may disclose your personal information to Us over the telephone or by post if you are concerned.
- Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practises of any third party website and We are not responsible for the privacy policies or content of any third party website. Third party websites should have in place their own privacy and security policies which you should make enquiry of and read before supplying them with any personal information.
8. Accessing and amending your personal information
- You may request access to any personal information that we hold by contacting our Privacy Manager (see below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example by providing you photocopies or emailing it to you) provided it is reasonable and practicable for Us to do so. We may charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs to do but we will not charge you for simply making a request or making any corrections to your personal information.
- If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request we correct it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Act, if applicable).
- Should our website or other internet services provide you with a secured access it is important that you protect your password by using unique letters, numbers and special characters and by not sharing your password with any third party. If you disclose or lose control of your password or your personal information to a third party, you may be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account or with this information including legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If you suspect that your password or account has been comprised, you must immediately notify Us and change your password.
- If you have a complaint because you believe We have breached your privacy, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident or the situation that has arisen for you to have formed your belief of a possible breach so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially whilst We investigate it with the aim to have it resolved in a timely manner and where the Act requires within the time period stated.
- Our investigation may require gathering relevant facts, locating and review relevant documents and speaking to relevant individuals.
- By using this Website and/or providing information to Us, you accept and agree to the collection, use, holding and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes described in this policy.
11. Information Sharing with Social Media
We may offer services that allow you to share public aspects of the Website with third party websites such as Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other social media websites.
12. Our Obligations
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Principles) Act 2012 which regulate the manner in which your personal information is handled from collection to use and disclosure, storage, accessibility and disposal.
PO Box: PO Box 225, Angaston, South Australia 5353