Akeed Mofeed is a thoroughbred racehorse trained in Ireland by John Oxx and arrived in Hong Kong in 2012. In Hong Kong he was trained by Richard Gibson. He is notable for winning the BMW Hong Kong Derby 2013 and the Longines Hong Kong Cup 2013.
Born on 14 February 2009 in England, Akeed Mofeed is sired by Dubawi, a three-time Group 1 winner whose renowned offspring include Dubai World Cup winner Monterosso and Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint winner Lucky Nine. [+ MORE]
A winner over seven furlongs at two, he also finished second in the Beresford Stakes (G2, 1m) when trained by John Oxx in Ireland, where he also he won the Platinum Stakes (Listed, 1m) and finished fourth in the Irish Derby (G1, 1m4f), which was won by Camelot (Montjeu), at three, before he was sold to Hong Kong.
Arriving in Hong Kong in 2012, with great expectations from the media, Akeed Mofeed opened his account by winning a 1800m Class 2 race in early March 2013 and subsequently sealed his status as the best local 4-year-old of the year by capturing victory in the BMW Hong Kong Derby 2013 (HK G1, 2000m). Akeed Mofeed is also the 1st runner-up of the Longines Jockey Club Cup (G2, 2000m), losing only by a diminishing head to Endowing, the champion. On 8 December 2013, Akeed Mofeed was crowned champion of the Longines Hong Kong Cup (G1, 2000m), downing a field containing Japanese star Tokei Halo (Gold Halo), Cirrus Des Aigles (Even Top), Military Attack (Oratorio (IRE)) and Mackinnon Stakes (G1, 2000m) winner Side Glance (Passing Glance).
The son of Dubawi (Dubai Millennium) had eleven starts in Hong Kong, of which he won four, with his last start coming in the Dubai World Cup (G1, 2000m) at Meydan in 2014 where he finished fifth behind African Story (Pivotal).
- Leopardstown Irish Stallion Farms 2YO Maiden Stakes (7f)
- 2d Curragh Beresford Stakes, G2 (1m to David Livingston and beating Athens)
- Cork Platinum Stakes, L (1m beating Barack and Croi an Or)
- 4th Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby, G1 (1½m)
- Longines Hong Kong Cup, G1 (2000m beating Tokei Halo and Cirrus des Aigles)
- BMW Hong Kong Derby, HK G1 (2000m beating Endowing and Strada Colorato)
- HKJC Taipa Handicap (1800m)
- 2d Longines Jockey Club Cup, G2 (2000m to Endowing and beating Rave)
- HKJC Centenary Vase, HK G3 (1800m beating Ashkiyr and Tucuman)
|5||3||1||-||-||HK$1,705,000 & US$300,000|
First Winner for Akeed Mofeed